I was sitting at it a few weeks ago and noticed a crack in the top. Then I found two more. So back to the craftsman it went to be fixed. (It might even get different legs and some paint around the bottom - We'll see.) So in it's absence, our old table came out of storage.
(Oh, how I miss that pool view from the kitchen.) We bought this table when we first got married. Shockingly it has never been touched by a paint brush. I know, I can hardly believe it myself. It's seen many family dinners, an array of different chairs and benches, and many a craft project. It was covered in glitter, glue and smeared peas. We outgrew the table before it ever got a makeover. Until now . . .
It got a coat of white leftover cabinet paint and a healthy amount of antiquing gel. The best part is that all the wear and tear it's seen over the years makes the finish that much better.
I thought about painting it yellow or robin egg blue, but it will eventually end up as a desk in the office. I'm not sure about the color scheme in there, so I figured white was the safest. Stay tuned for the office pics.
I digress. This is about the occasional tables. I decided since I was already painting one table, that I'd just throw these two in the assembly line at the same time.
I think the dresser and table story might be coming to an end. It's all rather boring. That's a lot of white and gray. Maybe there'll be a sequel if some of these pieces cry out for color.
No comments:
Post a Comment