I'll start with a project that I did early this spring that left me looking like this . . .
No, not a spray tan gone wrong! I painted the picket fence and was not about to do it by hand. I pulled out the sprayer and went to town.
I bought fence stain in a ginormous 5 gallon bucket. It was almost enough. There's a lot of overspray and waste, but getting it done in 30 minutes is SO worth it. I speak from experience. I stained the deck as well. I started last fall, painted for 5 days with several adult helpers and still didn't get it finished. I finally finished up this spring. Here's a before.
I should have sprayed the deck too, but I was worried about the overspray all over the house. I don't like to be careful, so instead I spend days (DAYS I tell you) painting all those spindles with a roller. I love the results. Here's another angle that shows the difference between before and after.
It was pretty beat up and in some serious need of TLC.
I'm so glad I got on this project early in the Spring, because I knew it would look like this eventually.
So, that was early spring. Now just to catch up on an entire summer!
1 comment:
It looks so beautiful Melissa! I love the white and gray together. HAPPY BIRTHDAY last week, btw. I still miss living by you, but as you know, true friends are like angels..... Kathleen
Post a Comment