18 August 2014

Myrtle Beach 2012

I knew I was behind, but WOW!  I never documented our vacation from 2 years ago.  Oh well, it helps feel better about being so lame and not going on a trip this summer.  No, not really.  I still feel lame.  There was just no time.  This summer was our busiest yet.  YW camp, Scout camp, Band camp, Cub camp, Volleyball camps and tryouts and Drivers Ed!  I can't believe I have a kid who will be driving soon . . .  well in theory.  He can't get his license until he earns his Eagle Scout.  He just has to do his project, so he's close.

Okay, so back to a fun summer vacation 2 years ago.

Rest stop on the way to South Carolina.

We headed to the beach as soon as we got there.  


The waves and Sadie became fast friends.


Riley is probably our only child who tans and doesn't burn.

I guess Keller was hot.

We found Myrtle Beach State Park and escaped the crowds.




It seems as though every time we visit a beach, it's Shark Week on the Discovery channel.


The week before we went to Aruba with our friends (the husband actually was bitten by a shark in Florida the year before - we call him shark bait now) was Shark Week.  Shark Week aired for the entire week that we were in Myrtle Beach, so we'd go to the beach and come home and watch shark attacks!  I know, brilliant right.  Well our last day on the beach I noticed that every single person in the water was exiting the water.  I was curious.  A crowd was gathering around a life guard who was pointing out towards the water.  That's when I saw the fin of a shark.  It wasn't a big one, but still.  We decided it was time to wrap up our day at the beach.  It was well after lunchtime anyway.

Dinner at Captain George's seafood buffet.  YUM!!

All you can eat crab legs.  A dream come true for Keller.






I miss crepe myrtles.  Sigh.




It was Mason's birthday while we were there.  We found a "Build-a-Bear" but with cars.  He got to build his own remote control car.  I have to admit that it was pretty cool.


So, that was two years ago.  There's just something about the ocean.  I've always loved beach vacations.  We will return.  Maybe next summer.

1 comment:

Malinovka said...

There IS just something about the beach! Looks like a great time...minus the shark! Can't believe how little the kids look!