05 April 2009

Underwater Easter Egg Hunt

We went to our local community center for a different kind of Easter Egg hunt. It was in their indoor pool. They divided the kids up into age groups and let them swim for the eggs with a mesh bag. They thought it was fun and very tiring. For a while I thought Mason might just tire out and drown. I sent Keller in to help keep him afloat. One little girl just about did drown. I was just about to jump in myself to save her while her parents just stood their watching. She was really struggling, but an older boy jumped in and helped her to the edge. What is the matter with some people?

Anyway it was a good time. Keller even found the one egg in his age group that had a marble in it. Meaning that he got a BIG prize (see below). He was thrilled that he won it. He tends to think that he's unlucky. So we're all geared up for a traditional Easter egg hunt next weekend. HAPPY EASTER!




6 comments:

The Yosts said...

Fun! I was thinking the eggs would be on the bottom of the pool for some reason. Maybe next year we'll go.

Casey said...

How awesome! That's my kind of an egg hunt! Cute pics too! Glad Keller was " lucky" !

JoEllen said...

Sadie looks like she is about to dive into the pool with all her mirth. That picture is so hilarious I laughed for a full minute.

Jennie Blaser said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. We are having an egg hunt in our back yard for the primary -- have to hide 250 eggs! So fun!

Laura said...

How fun! I've never heard of a water egg hunt. My kids would love it! And they would get really worn out after all that egg chasing and swimming!

Kim said...

I've never heard of that before. I think I'd be a little scared of the drowning factor. Was there stuff in the eggs? Did the candy get wet. That is a unique idea. Glad it was fun.