Well the movers WERE scheduled to come Monday a week ago and the buyers WERE supposed to take possesion of the home last Thursday. How things have changed. Thank goodness!
So here's the story. We got the offer, we finally negotiated them up to a good price. We agreed to their early move in date and felt pretty good about it. Then we learned that school in Ohio gets out 3 weeks earlier than we do down here. Pretty silly to put your kids in a new school with only a few weeks of school left. But we were stuck, so we planned a house hunting trip and scheduled movers, car shippers and got released from my Church duties.
Let me go back a little further. A year ago, I had a carpet cleaner come and he offered to clean my area rug for free if I just gave him a tip. Great! So he cleaned it on the hard wood. You can see where this is heading, so I discovered water stains on the hardwood a few months ago and had no receipt proving that I had the work done. So we put the stains on the sellers diclosure. The buyers claimed to have forgotten to look at the stains while they were here for over an hour during their second showing.
One Friday I came home to find two inspectors pouring over every detail of my home. I had no idea that they were coming, so it was a fun surprise. Especially when 5 hours later they are finished. The buyers spent the final hour and a half of the five hours going over the inspection results. I was worried that they'd want a new roof or all new AC units or something really expensive, but the inspector told me that there were only minor things that needed attention. Great!
The next day we got the buyers requests. They had a list of things that we were perfectly happy to fix. Then they wanted "non-negotiable" $10,000 for the stains on the hardwood. We were shocked, our realtor was shocked and their realtor acted annoyed with his own clients. We were happy to pay for repairing the floor, but we were not going to pay to replace the entire main floor with solid hardwood for them. Plus, the "non-negotiable" part of it was really annoying when we were turning our lives upside down to move in time for them to move in. I asked my realtor how to make them go away. Needless to say, we made them go away by refusing to fix anything or give them any money.
So we are still here and so happy that its worked out this way.
2 comments:
So glad that didn't go through. Phew!
when I say your post title I thought...NO way! They sold it (again) all ready? Ha! What a nightmare! Hope the right buyer comes along soon!
Post a Comment