10 May 2011

Lots of Potential

Things are rolling right along.  I've heard that bullet points are easier to follow so here goes.  I'll offer some explanation after the bullet points if you are interested in reading on.
  • We went on our house hunting trip.
  • Half way through the trip we completely changed our minds about which city to live in.
  • We hurried and looked through 6 houses.
  • We found one with a lot of potential.
  • On a Monday, we found out that we couldn't make an offer until we were under contract here.
  • Two days later, we were under contract!
  • We made an offer and got the house in Ohio.
  • We are going through inspections, repairs and the craziness of moving.
We thought we wanted to live in Wooster because the idea of a small town was appealing.  We thought we could build a house on a big lot and get chickens or goats or something.  Or maybe just a dog.  We stumbled upon a great builder and then found out that we'd have to dig a well and have our own septic tank if we wanted a big piece of land.  So, we looked at lots on city water.  They were small, so suddenly the small town lost some appeal.  Then we went to Church.  I left crying my eyes out.  The group there is just too small for me.  There weren't hardly any youth and for the first time, that really matters to me.  Having friends at Church made all the difference in my teenage years.  So we left the meetings and drove over to Canton to start the search over.  We only had two more days of our trip and we got to see 6 houses.  The one we liked the most was 4888 Staffordshire Court.

We came back to Texas having made some big steps forward.  We got ready to make an offer on the house that we liked.  I was feeling a little reluctant, but probably because it has "potential" and isn't the new house I was dreaming of.  We went ahead and tried to make an offer only to find out that the house has a relocation company involved and cannot accept an offer until we had an offer on our house.  I felt a little relieved.  That reluctant feeling made me nervous, so I was glad that we had done all we could and that it was out of our hands.  Then the very next morning people came through our house, came again the next day, and then again for the third time after telling us that they were going to buy a different house.  I guess they changed their minds and made us an offer after all. 

Under contract here, we went ahead and made an offer on the Ohio house and got it!  I am happy, but not really looking forward to all the painting ahead.  It will keep me busy at least.  So unless things completely fall apart with our buyers here, we are moving just after school is out to the following home.









Study, soon to be project/mud room maybe.

Mostly finished walkout basement.



Our own English pub.  I know!  Soon to be ice cream parlor?
So there it is.  See the potential?  I do, but its a lot of work.  Get ready for lots of before and after pictures.

I am so thankful for God's hand in my life.  I still spend way too much time worrying, but I've learned time and time again in my life that things always work out for our best.  The mystery drives me crazy (that's not a very long trip) but I know that I am not in charge.  I just need to have faith and keep moving forward.  I've always found that when I step into what seems like the dark, that each step is lit ahead, so that I can see the way.  Its good that we don't see the end most of the time.  We may turn around and run for the hills if we really knew what was ahead. 

7 comments:

Brooke said...

Congrats! I can't wait to see what you do with the house. I'm already making predictions for what I think you will do. I always enjoy watching your transformations!

Tammy @ she wears flowers said...

Yay!! It looks great and I can hardly wait to see what you do with it! So you are in Canton again?? ;)

Jackie said...

My gosh. That house is ginormous! It looks pretty good already to me... I'm obviously not a decorator like you. It will be beautiful when you're done! :) I'm so excited for you guys.

Megan said...

Yay! I'm so happy things are working out for your move! I think your house is beautiful and you will have so much fun making it you! It always amazes me how things come together as if our paths in life are waiting for us to find them. Good luck in your move!

Emily Leininger said...

It's huge. What a great yard. It will be gorgeous when you're through with it (if anyone ever finishes with home improvements).

Sharon said...

Great house... actually reminds me a lot of mine (probably about the same age) so I can't wait to see what you do to your house. So I can then do the same to mine. I could give you a list, but am pretty sure you'll come up with the same things sooner or later. : )

Kim said...

Yeah! I am glad that it is working out for you. It is nice how things do usually fall into place. It's hard to have the patience and faith though.