Texas does have true seasons, and I am going to miss the wonderful Texas winters, but I sure am loving a true fall up here in Ohio. It has been so beautiful. It was even 67 degrees yesterday. I'm glad that the weather is easing me into winter. We went out into Amish country last week and I could have just died over the rolling hills and all the trees in their brilliant fall colors. Of course I was too busy thinking about the awesome finds I just bought at a little antique store to take a picture of the scenery.
 |
| I'm always looking for N's, ya know for Neddo. |
 |
| I love this clock made out of antique French house numbers. |
So I've added these two beauties to the piles of pictures and wall things, that I just can't bring myself to hang up. I am having committment issues. I know me, and once something is on the wall, it stays there, so I feel like I really want to think about where I want things. And of course the possibilities are endless. I did finally dress my mantel. But maybe the clock would look good there . . .
The old window finally gets to show its blue side. There's another N, my beloved blue bird, two silver candlesticks that I got for $12 (for both) at another antique store and my fish picture that Corey thinks is strange. A friend (thanks a lot Kristi) pointed out that it looks like the fish has a human ear, and Corey can't get over it. Men!
Other than that, I have one thing hanging on the walls in the entire house. I can't commit I tell you. Plus I've been super busy with other fun fall activities. Trunk or Treat was one such activity.
 |
| I'm looking sort of lumpy. I need to get back to the gym! |
 |
| Our homemade oxygen tanks. |
I was in charge of the event, so I felt like I had to do a good job on the car. We had a great time figuring it out. Corey really got into it which is always fun.
Now for the pictures you thought you'd see when you read the title of this post.
 |
| The kind teenage neighbor humoring the kids. Love the look on Sadie's face almost as much as I love the outfit! |
 |
| Mason |
 |
| Our little circle. We are that first mailbox on the left. |
 |
| The street lamp in our yard. |
The temperature is supposed to drop by 20 degrees tomorrow, the leaves are really coming down quickly and Christmas shopping has started, so I know winter will be here before we know it. Maybe being stuck in the house for months will force me to get the hammer and nails out and start decorating this place.
6 comments:
Oh I am missing those bright trees! I also totally love the trunk or treat theme! You guys are so fun!
I was totally in love with your neighborhood yesterday as I drove through with the bright, brillant colors. I wanted to pull over and just meditate...it was so beautiful!
Those colors are AMAZING!!! Wow! I love your trunk or treat van- may steal that idea one of these years if we ever have another one.
Wow! Love the fun finds, your Halloween costumes and car, and the color of the trees! Amazing!
I forgot you collected the letter "N". I just started collecting "P", so keep your eyes open for me!
This is why I have such fond memories of growing up in Minnesota (what, not the winter?!) I love the true change of seasons, and fall has always been my favorite. Brisk air, gorgeous leaves, hot cider and cinnamon donuts. Yum. When winter comes just switch to winter wonderland mode: bundle up, keep your feet, head, hands warm, and enjoy some hot cocoa and fresh toasted bread.
BTW the neighborhood looks like a Hollywood movie of the idyllic all-American childhood. Will you please take a picture of everyone out shoveling in a few weeks. I will feel so much better. Thanks for your support.
Post a Comment