10 January 2012

Christmas 2011

I am way beyond Christmas, so I didn't even notice that I hadn't put pictures on here yet.  Oops!  Normally, I think the saddest moment is when you have to put the decorations away, but this year I was a little excited.  Granite counter tops were coming on the 4th, and I was ready to get working on the kitchen.  That's my next post, but here is a look back at Christmas 2011.

My Tree

Too many presents!  Our parents both send money, so we get to shop for them.  It's wonderful!

The Kids' Tree


Our Church meetings are at 9:00 every Sunday morning.  Since Christmas was on a Sunday this year, we decided to just see Santa's stuff, go to Church and then open the rest of the presents.  You can tell that not everyone is super happy about this plan.  It actually turned out to be such a great blessing.  It was so nice to stop, take a break and go worship the Savior.  I wish Christmas were on a Sunday every year.

Mason clutching his Skylander toys that Santa left.


We came home, put pj's back on and started opening.

Mason has been wanting moustaches.

I love seeing faces like this on Christmas morning.

I think Corey liked this toy more than Mason if that's possible.
We finished the day with a great meal with a couple of other families.  It really was such a nice day.  The only thing missing was the snow.  We really haven't had any yet this winter.  We had a light dusting, then maybe an inch last week but that's it.  My kids are disappointed, and I am so fine with it. 

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I feel the same way about church on Christmas. I thought it would 'get in the way' but it really was wonderful. Looks like you guys had a great day!