27 December 2011

Snow Globes

I know it's too late for this year, but you could store it away in your brain for next year.  Here's what we gave as teacher gifts this year.  Thank you Martha Stewart.  I've made these many times, and they always impress.

First you need jars.


Then someone to clean them out for you.  She was the only one who didn't get grossed out.  I hate to waste food, so I couldn't just dump the applesauce.


You'll need distilled water, super glue, white glitter, glycerin (purchased at a pharmacy) and small figures to set inside.  I used tiny tree ornaments and trees made for hobby trains.  I also spray painted the jar lids.


You super glue the figures to the lid, fill the jar with distilled water and a couple of drops of glycerin.  Then add the glitter and screw the lid back on.  DONE!



1 comment:

The Yosts said...

very cute! I'll have to pin it to my pinterest board :)