22 June 2012

The Book in Question

People want to know what book I'm reading.  It's called "Large Family Logistics" by Kim Brenneman.  I've haven't finished it yet, so I can't tell you everything about it.  However, there are some real truths to it.  She takes her approach to homemaking from verses in the Bible.  It is more geared to the Duggar type family, but I am learning some things that I really needed to hear.  It's sort of a wake up call for me.  I need to remember that I chose to be a homemaker.  It's what I always wanted to do.  I need to rediscover the joy in it.  I need to remember what a great work I am doing.  There's no joy in doing it alone, and there's no joy in barking orders to deaf ears.  Thus the new job system.  Honestly though, if the beds are made, the laundry put away and things generally picked up everyday, I'm a happy girl.  I'll finish reading and share anymore tidbits that I find.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Interesting thoughts, because you seem like someone who does enjoy the SAHM deal. And as I look around at all the projects that need to be done I am amazed at all you've done in the past year. Beds and laundry my eye... you rock.