It was one of those long weekends! The father and son camp out was on Friday. The boys had a blast despite the fact that we forgot to send Mason "nighttime underwear". He said, "that's okay, I can just pee in here" (referring to the sleeping bag). That's precisely what he did. Oh well! The doctor said to worry about it when he's six, so I'll save the worrying until then. Or until we go bankrupt buying "nighttime underwear". They roasted hot dogs, ate s'mores, and caught about 30 fish in an hour the next morning, so I think it was a success.
As for the girls, we went to Olive Garden and watched a movie with some good friends. I'll take Olive Garden over camping any day.
Today at Church while teaching the 3 year olds, I asked if we put bad stuff in our bodies like alcohol. One little girl (I'll withhold the name to protect the innocent) said that she likes alcohol. I said that she must not know what it is then. No, "I like alcohol, I do!" she said. I think she thinks I was talking about Dr. Pepper, but I told her that we'd have to ask her mom for sure. Then a little boy asked me to lift my shirt and show him the baby. What are these parents teaching these children! Just kidding, they sure do keep me on my toes.
Well three more weeks of school and I think we're all excited. I like chilling out for the summer and not feeling guilty about letting the kids buy lunch too many times in a week. It will be nice, but as I get bigger and bigger (I've actually only gained 5 lbs so far) and it gets hotter and hotter, I don't know how I'll survive. One word "pool".
As for the girls, we went to Olive Garden and watched a movie with some good friends. I'll take Olive Garden over camping any day.
Today at Church while teaching the 3 year olds, I asked if we put bad stuff in our bodies like alcohol. One little girl (I'll withhold the name to protect the innocent) said that she likes alcohol. I said that she must not know what it is then. No, "I like alcohol, I do!" she said. I think she thinks I was talking about Dr. Pepper, but I told her that we'd have to ask her mom for sure. Then a little boy asked me to lift my shirt and show him the baby. What are these parents teaching these children! Just kidding, they sure do keep me on my toes.
Well three more weeks of school and I think we're all excited. I like chilling out for the summer and not feeling guilty about letting the kids buy lunch too many times in a week. It will be nice, but as I get bigger and bigger (I've actually only gained 5 lbs so far) and it gets hotter and hotter, I don't know how I'll survive. One word "pool".
No comments:
Post a Comment