09 May 2008

San Antonio, Texas

We took an early summer trip this year. My parents and sister flew out from Utah and we all drove down to San Antonio.


We spent a day at Sea World which was a blast. By the way, when you sit in the soak zone at the Shamu show, no matter how high up, you really will get soaked. AND whales live in salt water! This actually surprised me more than the fact that we got as soaked as they kept warning us. Even when they started selling towels, I still was in denial. I thought for sure we wouldn't get wet that far up. I used my poor children as a shield (they thought I was holding them on my lap because they were scared). I still was completely drenched. Good thing it was hotter than we expected for the middle of April and we dried off in time to get soaked on the next ride. We had a great time.

The next day we visited the Alamo and went on a boat tour of the river walk in downtown San Antonio. It is a beautiful city. And just like PeeWee Herman discovered there is no basement in the Alamo. The kids love PeeWee Herman lately. The river walk was beautiful and we actually had a pretty decent meal at one of the thousands of restaurants along the river. It was great to be with Nana, Papa and Tiffany. They didn't stay long enough. They might have felt like they stayed long enough, but we sure do miss them.





1 comment:

Casey said...

This picture of the Alamo makes me giggle, because a few years back someone built a house not far from us that stood out like a sore thumb! I visit taught a lady who lived near this new house, and she said everyone in the neighborhood called it the "Alamo"! Yah, I thought, it does kind of look like it...now I'm looking at your picture, and it's a perfect replica of the front facade! Maybe the homeowners missed Texas! he he he!