29 June 2008

Summer, summer, summer

We made it through one third of summer already! I can't believe it. We swim pretty much everyday, visit the library, and see lots of dollar movies. Mostly I've been spending my time trying to manipulate my children into doing what I want them to do with them thinking that it was their idea. Our book club read Parenting with Love and Logic this last month, and I'm a believer. Check it out! There's some really good stuff in there. I've become a little calmer of a parent. Its really been working. The funny thing is that it seems as soon as I feel like I take a step forward, in motherhood and housekeeping in general, life offers a new challenge. Usually for me in the form of a new kid which seems to double the laundry and household mess. I guess one step forward one step back at least means I'm in the same place and not getting worse. Maybe by the time they all move out, my laundry will always be done and the house will always be clean.

Anyway we have no big travel plans for the summer. We don't want to go too far with a baby on the way. We'll just keep busy and wait for our little girl to come. I'm having fun moving bedrooms around to make room for her. Any excuse to paint a room right? Riley hit the jackpot and got her own room (formally navy blue and for the boys). The boys got the big room (formally Hampton green and the guest room). Addison stayed put and so did the pink. She did however move to Riley's bed and got a new quilt. She'll share with the new baby (I do have a name picked out, but Corey hasn't approved it yet). Addison thinks she's having a baby too, but I don't know where she thinks that her baby is going to sleep. We're a pretty full house. The deal is though that since Riley gets her own bedroom, she will willingly and joyfully offer it to any quests, so don't worry about sleeping on the floor if you are ever "fixin" to come to Texas.

1 comment:

Casey said...

I love Parenting with Love and Logic (the book that is, not the actual DOING it)! It's so hard to stay consistant! You should post some pictures of your decorating to inspire the masses (or just me) since you are SO talented!