12 July 2008

Happy Fourth!


We had a great fourth of July. We had the two Christensen families in our ward over for a BBQ. We did good ole beef brisket, Texas style. It was really good...the first and second and even third time, but I might have to freeze the rest. Corey went into the grocery store to get milk and came out with a 9 pound brisket. He did get the milk, so what did I care.

We enjoyed the pool all day and ate. We even had a professional face painter, a friend of one of the Christensen's, paint the kids' faces. I especially loved Mason's shark. That night we headed down the street to the High School to watch some fireworks. It was a perfect day.

The next day we celebrated our 11th anniversary. I can't believe its been 11 years and at the same time its only been 11 years? Anyway we went to dinner at Rockfish (yummy southern style seafood) and went to the mall with no children. It was truly joyous. Someday we'll get on that anniversary cruise, but for now I'll take the mall with no kids just as gratefully.

No comments: