Riley had her seventh birthday today! We rounded up the few girls who weren't on vacation and had a little bash. Did I already mention how nice a pool is? You don't have kids reaping havoc in the house. A pool is not uncommon here at all, so please don't think I'm bragging. Out of the seven houses in our cul-de-sac alone, there are five pools if that helps with the perspective. Anyway we had a pool party. I made a swimmer cake complete with Riley's broken goggles. We played an ice cube game where teams had to get as many ice cubes into their bucket before they melted. We gave everyone a flip flop and they had to find the other shoe somewhere in the back yard. Thank you familyfun.com for all of the ideas. Otherwise we just ate lunch, had cake, and opened presents. The girls were only in the house on the way into the pool and the way out. I loved it! Riley had a great time too. She was also pleased to get a new bike. Her's fell victim to a series of unfortunate events. Someone, I won't name names, left the bike in the path of the neighbors truck. Need I say more? It was getting too small luckily, so its only a loss to the younger siblings who would have used it later. Depending on how you look at it, it might be a blessing for the little girls who only get hand-me-downs. Just ask my little sister about her sad bike stories. She has been scarred for life over inheriting old bikes. Happy Birthday Riley!
12 July 2008
Riley Turns Seven
Riley had her seventh birthday today! We rounded up the few girls who weren't on vacation and had a little bash. Did I already mention how nice a pool is? You don't have kids reaping havoc in the house. A pool is not uncommon here at all, so please don't think I'm bragging. Out of the seven houses in our cul-de-sac alone, there are five pools if that helps with the perspective. Anyway we had a pool party. I made a swimmer cake complete with Riley's broken goggles. We played an ice cube game where teams had to get as many ice cubes into their bucket before they melted. We gave everyone a flip flop and they had to find the other shoe somewhere in the back yard. Thank you familyfun.com for all of the ideas. Otherwise we just ate lunch, had cake, and opened presents. The girls were only in the house on the way into the pool and the way out. I loved it! Riley had a great time too. She was also pleased to get a new bike. Her's fell victim to a series of unfortunate events. Someone, I won't name names, left the bike in the path of the neighbors truck. Need I say more? It was getting too small luckily, so its only a loss to the younger siblings who would have used it later. Depending on how you look at it, it might be a blessing for the little girls who only get hand-me-downs. Just ask my little sister about her sad bike stories. She has been scarred for life over inheriting old bikes. Happy Birthday Riley!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love that cake. I laughed out loud reading about the murdered bicycle. How tragic.
I love familyfun.com too! What a cute cake! We miss having a pool right out our door in CA, but I guess I'd rather be in a house than in 900 sq ft apt! Still, if I could have the house AND the pool, I'd be a very happy camper! Glad you had fun! Maybe next year you guys could be here for the 4th!~
I'll have to ask Tiff about her bike tragedies...
I love the new background. Pretty fun!
That cake is so cute!! It looks hard though.
Post a Comment