Last Wednesday I had my regular doctor's appointment and my blood pressure was up. I thought, "Let the games begin". Well my doctor thought, "let's get you over to the hospital tomorrow night and have this baby". I told him that he was freaking me out a little. I still had two and a half weeks to go until my due date. AND I never expected to go early anyway. Well, as I was all hooked up on the monitors and everything my doctor learned that according to new hospital policy no one who has had a previous c-section can get the cervix softening gel which was key to his plan. Plus my blood pressure was looking good, so he kept me over night for more observation and I got to leave in the morning. In the meantime we scrambled to get my mom here sooner which she will thank goodness. So he prescribed restricted bed rest until further notice. So I spent the weekend lying on the couch thinking I would go crazy. Monday the doctor tells me that my bed rest is working! WONDERFUL! I guess. So we'll just keep dragging our feet he says. The c-section has really thrown a kink into things this time, but I'm happy to give the baby more time to grow.
So, the joys of bed rest are few. Corey is taking vacation and working from home when he can, so its nice to have him around. I love letting him figure out lunch and dinner (when Church friends aren't bringing a yummy meal). The kids have really stepped up their chores and pitched in. Church friends have also taken the children off our hands for the last two days. Leaving me feeling a little guilty since Corey is home, but the house is so quiet that I get over it really quickly. Another perk is the excuse to be lazy. Maybe I can store some energy for the upcoming ordeal.
Poor Mason unfortunately has his fifth birthday is tomorrow. At least he won't have to share it with his sister, but I don't know how exciting it will be. I just burned the cupcakes I was making because I couldn't hear the timer from the office. That's a bad omen.
So I'll hang in there while torturing myself with episodes of The Baby Story and Bringing Home Baby until I get to finally bring one home too.
6 comments:
he he he! I have to laugh about watching A Baby Story, cause I was hopelessly addicted to watching that every day with Lyndie! I love the people who are so smug about going ALL natural, and it's the only SAFE way for the baby, yada yada yada...then they are the ones screaming the loudest for drugs! Sweet justice!
Thanks for your kind words, and wishes! I would love to come put a meal together for you! And DON'T feel guilty about people helping and taking the kids! If I've learned anything these past few months, it's people NEED to serve you!
Can't wait to hear the good news when "she" gets here! Say HI to nana for us!
HUGS!
Good Luck Neddos!!!! I am excited for you to not have to be pregnant anymore! (in a nice way) I hope the BP stays where it should and that a C-Section is NOT on the menu...I can relate to the bedrest thing...my vice was pride and prejudice over and over...the 6 hour version...I can't believe Mason will be 5. Tell him Cami (and all of us) say happy birthday and don't scare too many girls! :) It has been really fun to read your blog. When she gets here I want LOTS of pictures posted. Also Addison looks so much how I picture Riley..it is funny how people dont age to me when I don't see them then I see a picture and I can't believe it! Good luck with waiting this out and tell Kristi to keep in touch if you talk to her!
Oh my gosh, bed rest...so much fun. I can't wait for that baby to be born and to see pictures of her.
We found an apartment and are loving it in Sandy. Seth hasn't gotten a job yet, but I was sick and tired of waiting on him. ;)
I would love to come out and see you when all the family leaves! It would be a blast!
We look forward to hearing the good news. Hang in there!! Happy be-lated Birthday to Mason! It is hard to believe that he is 5. Hmmm, it was 5 years ago that we both had a very pregnant summer.
Take care!
Aren't you glad you don't have to watch A Baby Story any more!?! I think she is beautiful and all the hard work of getting her here the last week or so certainly seems worth it. Atleast where I sit. Cograts friend!!!!
Vicki
Post a Comment