24 August 2008

Sadie Elizabeth Neddo


Well the bed rest was short lived thank goodness! I went in for my appointment on Mason's birthday (poor kid) and my blood pressure was high again. Dr. Rost did a sonogram and also saw that the baby wasn't too much bigger than the week before, so he said he'd had enough. He wanted me to be at the hospital in the morning for a repeat c-section. I had one night to go into labor on my own. With a week and a half still to go until my due date, I figured we were headed for a c-section.

So, Sadie arrived the day after Mason's birthday and 5:27 pm, weighing 7 lbs 3 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. My tiniest baby of all. The c-section went well according to everyone who did not actually get cut open during the process. I still would take the normal delivery anyday over the surgery, but I'm just glad that she is here and healthy. She has lots of dark hair (not for long I'm sure) and a perfect round head (one plus of a c-section). She looks like all the others. I still can't believe that she is mine. I came home today and feel pretty good. This is the first time that I don't feel overwhelmed. School starts in the morning and that will be wonderful for me and the kids. Once again Heavenly Father's time schedule proves highly efficient and merciful. I am so grateful for her and all the love that I feel from family and friends. Corey pulled through another one with flying colors (actually he was quite pale during the c-section). My mother arrived a few short hours before the surgery and has been taking such good care of everyone. The kids have been helping out a lot as well. It has been a good lesson for me about service. My church friends and neighbors have been miracle workers. Now I need to step it up a little for others.

Stay tuned for more.

11 comments:

JEN said...

Congratulations!!! She is beautiful! We are glad that it all went well. I wish we were not so far away to help out and to see Sadie in person.

Jen said...

Sadie is beautiful, and I'm glad you stuck with Sadie Elizabeth. It's a good mix of formality and surprise. I'm sorry to hear about your c section, but grateful you have someone to take care of you for a little while at least. Send the kids and Corey down here for a weekend so you can get some rest!

Jen Cobia

Jackie said...

She is so beautiful! I love that hair! I am glad everything went well and everyone is healthy. Miss you guys!

Amy said...

YEA!!! She's beautiful! And she does look exactly like a Neddo. I'm sorry about the C-section but happy that you don't have to be on bed rest anymore. I hope your guts feel better soon! How are all the kids getting along with her? Perfect time with school starting! Is Mason starting kindergarten? Wow-family of 7! Wow. By the way I love the music on your blog...so do the girls "mommy play that rainbow one again...and again..." so is jacobandjen the whittakers? if so tell them I would love to read their blog and catch an update! Great work and I hope you get some sleep! Good luck!

Casey said...

Yeah you! And YEAH for Sadie! Did you know my Lyndie was nearly a Sadie too? I love that name! Bummer you got sliced, but since you did, now you have even MORE reason to let everyone wait on you hand and foot! With 5 kids, you'll need all the rest you can get!!!

love ya!
She's absolutely BEAUTIFUL! And I didn't realize yours came out with dark hair too!? Mine were all that way...except for Austin, who was bald til he was nearly 2! Funny to see a baby in your family that isn't white blond!

Megan said...

Congrats!!! She is beautiful! And definitely a Neddo, no mistaking that! Wish you were here so that it was me bringing you meals. And yes, that dark hair may be able to fool any layperson that checks out your blog, but we know better! She looks amazing and I am so happy that you are doing well - you always seem so calm and relaxed about everything - that's something I love about ya! Take it easy and give her tons of smooches for me!

Losing Weight With CHOCOLATE said...

What a great picture. Did she startle like when I was taking pictures? She is beautiful. It was great to see you out and about today. You look great!!!

Brittni Schroeder Photography said...

Congrats! What a cutie!

Tricia said...

Hooray!!! So excited for you all. We miss you tons, and wish I could be there to return the generous service you gave me so often while we lived nearby. Enjoy this special time with your new little Sadie. Love you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! You two have an excellent combination of genes! Why not make it an even six?! Congratulations to all of you! I hope we can see all of you soon. Evan and Eric told me that they haven't seen Keller for "YEARS" and when will they see him again. Heal quickly and enjoy being waited on for a little while!

Amy said...

Hi!
I just wanted to let you know that everyday we check your blog to hear your music. (we obvously like to see you all to but we all love the music) Post some updated pictures soon and I hope you are all getting some rest!