It seems as though I've had two kids at home during the school day for years. Here's a picture of the two that stay and play with me right now. One is not really fun to play with. She doesn't even smile yet! The other doesn't play well with the first mentioned child. Somehow we still have fun.
The kids are all loving school. Mason has a pattern of doing something that requires a note instead of a "well-behaved" sticker at the start of each week. Usually its for doing something silly at inappropriate times, so I'm not too worried yet. Keller has a great teacher who loves science, so he is having a blast. Riley just loves school period. I love seeing them be excited about new things and growing so much.
I finally feel like I've recovered from childbirth. My scar is healing nicely and I don't feel like I'm in a cloud anymore. Sadie is strapped to me right now and seems super happy about that. Otherwise she is napping without me holding her hand or touching her. So that now life is calming down, preschool starts this Thursday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. We had an open house today and it all went well. I have 7 kids for now with an 8th starting in January when she's old enough. So even though I only actually do preschool for 6 hours a week, my days will get 10 times busier. I like to being busy and having excuses for why my bed isn't always made. Right now my only excuse is that I might have to get back in it at any point during the day. I don't know why, but I always feel better when I at least make the beds. I judge myself on whether the bed was made or not. The past few weeks have been pretty pathetic. At least the children are wearing clean clothes. I haven't let things go too far YET!
3 comments:
Glad to hear that the fog is beginning to clear for you! Cut yourself some slack though, cuz FIVE kids is alot (you know I KNOW)! The baby is so cute! Just like her brothers and sisters! Hope preschool goes well, I'm jealous that you can do that! You must be very organized!
I think you are doing great. I love the picture of the little girls...so cute. I can't wait to hear how preschool goes. I'm sure it will be great!!
Vicki
You are such a good mom. I hope school goes well for you!
Post a Comment