04 October 2008

There's a First Time for Everything

We made our first trip to the emergency room! We've had children for almost 10 years without one single trip. Actually that's not true, Corey has been twice in that time. Once for a car accident and once for his gall bladder. But I'm bragging about not taking children, so I guess I'll continue to brag or whatever. Addison was "getting a drink" in the boys' bathroom and fell and busted her lip open. It looked pretty wide, so Corey took her to urgent care for an opinion. It turned out that the urgent care is actually a mini emergency room, so they sewed her up with two stitches. All for only $150 copay! What a bargain right? If only we'd known how much climbing on the sink could cost. Oh well. So Addy thinks she's pretty cool and Mason keeps begging her to stop showing him her cut. And yes, that's blood on her pjs.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

She is pretty cool. :) What a tough little girl.

Casey said...

Welcome to the club Addy! Austin had stitches in that same place at about the same age! (he's had stitches twice)....then Nate had ONE stitch at the end of his finger 2 yrs ago...and the princess of course had her turn (see nasty pictures on blog) back in May! SO we KNOW stitches, but knock on wood, no broken bones! Yikes I shouldn't have said that!

And thanks for your nice words! Wish we could commiserate (sp?) over lunch some time!

Teryn said...

Mel!! I found your blog through Megans! Look at your cute kids!! Wow they are so big! We miss you so much in our ward! We have a blog now

http://web.me.com/jensenjoint/Site/Blog/Blog.html

Hope you are well!