Keller's scout troop was lucky to ride in the Flower Mound Christmas parade. We were even luckier to stand and wait for him to come by. It was even a bit chilly as we waited, but in Michigan we would have been literally frozen to death by the end of a parade this time of year, so I won't complain. Today it was 70 degrees. Keller thought he was pretty cool to be in a parade, so it was fun.
This is the last week of school, so we'll be busy with all of the class parties and trying to remember which kid needs which thing or gift for whichever teacher . . . I can hardly keep up. Last year at my own preschool gift exchange, Mason was the kid who forgot a gift. I quickly ran back to my closet and found some junk to throw into a bag for the exchange. What a, in the words of Buddy the Elf, "cotton-headed ninny muggins" I am. Speaking of elves, we got a special delivery from the North Pole this week. We got our very own elf on the shelf. www.elfontheshelf.com We named him Buddy after our favorite movie elf. He hangs out at the house and spies on the kids all day. Then at night, he flies home to Santa to report on the kids' behavior. In the morning the kids have to find him in his new spot. Buddy also leaves a little treat if they were good the day before. They are really excited to look for him in the morning.
We're driving to Utah and Washington for the holidays. Everyone is really excited to be with family. Its been a while since we've done that. So, I may not make an appearance here for a while, but who will be checking anyway. Its the most wonderful time of the year. Merry Christmas! And if Snapfish ever sends me my photo cards, you'll get a greeting from us in the mail.
3 comments:
I've heard of the elf thing...you'll have to let me know if it "works"! Might just have to invest in one...before my kids drive me nuts! 2 more weeks to go!
I'm so jealous your going to WA! Seattle is home and I always miss it a bit during the holidays! Have a great trip! I just got my snapfish cards today - so check your mail!
Hola! Found your sight Melissa! I'll be reading all your Neddo news now :)
Post a Comment