01 May 2009

American Girl Club





A group of us moms have been doing an American Girl club since the Fall. We meet every other week and take turns hosting. We've been reading the books and planning our activities around the book or time period of the doll we're doing. Its been really fun and everyone has done such a good job.

My turn was this past week and we are doing Kit right now. We made freezer jam together and played typical recess games that kids would have played in 1934. Red rover, hopscotch and Traveling Alphabet (you know I'm going to Amsterdam. What are you going to do there? I'm going to Act Apelike.) The girls really liked that game. Then we had Shirley Temples and chocolate chip cookies.

Here are some pictures and one of Riley with her new dress and matching doll dress courtesy of Nana. Don't they look cute? Yippee Nana! We already miss her and Tiffany. We had a great visit. We tried lots of new places to eat and I didn't gain a pound! I didn't lose one either, but I'm not complaining. (I've lost 16 so far.) We had fun with them, and once again wish we didn't live so far apart.

6 comments:

Casey said...

I love that club! So cute, I want to join! I like your new blog header too! And congrats on the lbs, you're awesome!

Sachiko said...

That is such a great idea! Looks like the girls are having fun. You are such an awesome party thrower. I have been wanting to buy an American Girl's doll, where can I find it? Teach me the American culture. Target had something similer......

JoEllen said...

Cute pictures. Wow how did you have the time for photos when there were strawberries sloshing all over the kitchen? Rylie's dress is really cute, my girls would love that. Too bad they have an untalented mom.

Jennie Blaser said...

How fun for your girls! Eden has never gotten into the American girls, but that's okay. We are over stuffed with webkinz/Disney channel stuff...

What fun activities -- way to be a great mom! :)

Laura said...

I love the American Girl books. Emily has loved them. What a fun idea!

JEN said...

How fun Melissa!! You are always so creative! Megan would love something like that.
Congrats on the lbs! What have you been doing?
Sorry to hear about the identity theft you are dealing with. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.