two blocks over and definitely in violation of the HOA rules
11 June 2009
Tornado Damage
We had an exciting evening last night. I dropped Corey off at the Church for a meeting because my van is in the shop. (We just paid it off, so of course it has to go into the shop for repairs.) As I drove home I thought about how ominous the sky looked all black and stuff. It wasn't green, so I wasn't worried yet. Then Corey called as I got home and said "get in the pantry!". That's when I heard the tornado siren going off. So we spent the next 15 minutes in the pantry eating chips. I kept peeking out to look at the storm because I couldn't help myself. The trees were literally blowing sideways. I never saw the actual tornado, but it supposedly touched down briefly a few blocks away. But the 60 mile/hour winds that come with a tornado did quite a number on our entire neighborhood. Lots of destroyed fences (ours included) and broken trees. I just drove around and two blocks over someones trampoline is in their front yard. I think that's against the HOA rules. A member of our ward lives on that same block and his house got hit pretty hard by a tree. Theirs is probably the worst I saw on my little "day after" tour. Our pool umbrella ended up in the pool, a section of fence came down, and a big tree snapped off at the ground in our back yard. We also have some of the neighbors roof in our driveway. Every one is safe and now that's its over, I can say that it was kind of exciting. We had the news on while we were in the pantry and when we actually had a signal, we could hear them telling certain areas to seek shelter immediately. It kind of gets your blood pumping, maybe that will count for a cardio workout yesterday. I wonder how many calories I burned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
WOW!!! I love the umbrella at the bottom of the pool! How scary is that! I think that should count for at least 2 weeks of cardio! Glad everyone's OK! Phew!
You put a fun spin on that- good luck with the dive and call HOA on your neighbors! :)
We did a drive around too- tons of damage across the street in the Hillcrest area.
Wow! So glad you guys are safe. And you have a pool?!?! You lucky! I hope you report that bad neighbor breaking the HOA rules with a tramp in the front yard. Ha!
I made my blog private, so send me your email address to [wendyhill at gmail dot com] and I'll send you an invite!
Sorry to be Debbie Downer, but any calorie burn you had was offset by the chip fest in the pantry! LOL! At least no one went hungry! Glad you're all ok! Bummer about the tree and fence
Wow. Scary!! Glad you are all ok and that there wasn't too much damage for you guys.
glad everyone is okay. We didn't quite hear about it in our neck of the woods. I love the HOA comments. We are always getting letters about the silliest things! get a life!!!!
Funny post. I'm sorry I missed the excitement!
About the "guy in our ward whose tree fell on his house..." You uh, wouldn't by chance be talking about your ward neighbors who are gone to Alabama would you?
Funny post, sounds just like you telling the story. I'm sorry we missed the excitement.
About the tree falling on the house... you wouldn't be talking about your ward neighbors who are away in AL would you?
I'm so glad you are alright. Tornados are a scary thing. They do get your heart pumping though. I like the pool decoration. Maybe it will become a new style. That's cool you have a pool.
Post a Comment