I never really thought I would be sitting in a Plastic Surgeon's office, but that's where I found myself last Tuesday feeling so out of place. Okay people here's the secret. . . I'm getting a FACELIFT!
No, I'm not that vain nor am I that old yet. About 2 years ago I noticed this weird thing on my forehead that just wouldn't heal and go away. It was right on top of an old scar, but gradually got bigger and deeper and wouldn't stop bleeding. Well I know that one sign of cancer is wounds that won't heal. I thought that meant that you have cancer somewhere in your body, so it can't heal itself. This thing would heal almost then open again, so I ignored it. Well wounds that won't heal is skin cancer. I've been told that if I'm going to get cancer, its the best kind to get. That's good news I guess. So its not too serious, but I have to go get it cut out and since its so big, I have to go right over to a plastic surgeon to fix it up. I'll get a little brow lift I guess. I just hope I don't always look surprised or perplexed . . . wait I already always look like that anyway. No one will notice the difference. I'll post some gross surgery pictures if I can. For now here's the spot.

6 comments:
You getting anything else done while you're there? Remember that lipo or tucking is cheating! LOL! Good luck! I'm sure everything will turn out fine!
What, no eyeliner permanently dyed into your eyelids? No shortening/lengthening of the earlobes? Michael Jackson would be so disappointed in you.
Wow, good luck. I'm glad it's not something worse. I'm sure everything will go fine. This lady in my aerobic class just got a full on facelift, and she was back to aerobics two weeks later. Keep us posted.
Good luck Melissa! Now what other "work" will they do with a face lift? I am looking for boobs eventually so maybe you can get me a friends and family discount...I do hope it heals good this time and that Cory takes you out to dinner someplace REALLY good to make up for the pain. :)
Wow! I am sending you many good luck wishes! You know that it only takes once to get hooked on this cutting deal! Right now it might just be your forehead, but who knows what's next! LOL!
Hey Melissa -
I feel your pain. About 2 years ago, I too had Melanoma removed from my head/ in my hairline, thank goodness. I had to have 3 surgeries... and then was also on some medication. I too had plastic surgery, a slight "face lift" - lovely... but it was only temporary... it is all back to normal. Now they just check me out twice a year... head to toe.. it's delightful. GOod luck! Sad about your husbands identity being stolen... stay in touch... my blog is: derekvicki.blogspot.com
Post a Comment