19 October 2009

Sanding

No home improvements lately.  This time the sanding was on my forehead.  There have been requests for a picture of the dermabrasion I had done last week, so here they are.  The plastic surgeon literally sanded down my scar using what looked like a dremmel tool.  He did give me approximately 20 numbing shots, which hurt, then started sanding, which hurt.  Oh well, it was brief pain followed by days of oozing.  I had to keep tons of anti-biotic ointment on it (the nurse told me that the doctor would cut any scabs off when I came back for the follow up) so I was a good patient and kept my head nice and gooey.  One week later it has healed really nicely.  I think once its all healed, the scar will hardly be noticeable.



The day after the procedure



Today

2 comments:

Jennie Blaser said...

ow! 20 numbing shots in your forehead. that had to hurt. hope it keeps getting better.

Sachiko said...

Just reading your post gave me pain. Ouch! Your forhead looks so much better already.