24 February 2010

A Proud Moment

I took Mason to his first grade concert last night.  They sang and were so cute.  They also had artwork displayed all over the cafeteria.  The subject of all the pieces was "Me at 100".  I found Mason's class and found his art among his classmates'.  His picture was cute with a line of freckles across his nose.  He still has all his hair which is not likely and he even has some sort of designer shirt on.  Then I started to read . . . 



Just in case you can't read it with the addition of Sadie's scribbles (that's another story).  "When I'm 100 I will hunt.  I will live in a cabin.  My favorite hobby will be golf.  I will drink beer and eat chicken.  The worst thing about being 100 will be dying.  The best thing about being 100 will be watching TV."

What a proud moment I had as I stood there reading his thoughts.  I mean c'mon he even spelled beer right!  On the way home, I asked him why he wrote that and he said, "that's what old people drink".  Wonderful.  I suggested maybe he just forgot the "root" part.  Good grief!

10 comments:

Casey said...

HA! TOO funny! And great that you have the proof to embarrass him with at a later appropriate time...meeting the inlaws perhaps?

The Yosts said...

that's so funny!

Amy said...

WE just both cracked up. What a funny kid...I definitely will look forward to being 100 if I can live like Mason!

JoEllen said...

That's funny of Mason, you can always count on him for a good laugh! I wish I could have made it to the performance but we decided to have me stay home w/ the boys. As for the 100 years old thing, I think they got a fair amount of propaganda from other kids or maybe even from teachers about what older people like to do, because Katrina talked about knitting, and the only person she knows who knits is not a senior citizen by a long shot.

Jamie said...

Anytime you want to send that boy to Utah, I will take him. He is so darn adorable.
Sounds like you might need another "special" sticker to get you through this one!
I never did comment on your trip to Aruba- too jealous and the photos made it worse. Hope you had a wonderful time. :-)

Wendy said...

This just made my day!! We all wish we could drink beer when we're 100, right?

Emily Leininger said...

That is hilarious! You've got to keep that paper

Jennie Blaser said...

That made me laugh out loud -- enough that I had to actually write out laugh out loud instead of the standard lol! Thanks for sharing that one! What a keeper... the kid and the paper. Maybe you could give it to him as an adult to show to his Bishop to get him out of whatever calling he doesn't want. Dave is about to start wearing purple shirts to church so he can get released as EQ pres....

Jamie said...

Check out finedoodles.com- I think you need to send Mason's artwork there.

V and Co. said...

HA!!! i just spit out my drink! nice. -V