Someone had written "boys love Megan" in blue fingernail polish on one bed. This one says something about a BFF. Thus the need for paint.
My genius husband screwed the beds into two boards like skis, so I could paint them with a sprayer without leaning them on anything. He's brilliant.
Watermelon slice is the perfect pink. The grass will recover eventually.
A little distressing. Its going to get that way on its own, so I like to be the first to do damage.
In the room.
Now to find a matching quilt for Sadie when she graduates from the crib. This one came from HomeGoods two years ago, and there wasn't another then and hasn't been since. Oh well, I've got time.
So that's what I did last Saturday. Notice that it wasn't a table project. Sometimes projects surprise you coming out of the blue and a little peeking at Craigslist. I have ordered chairs for my kitchen table that Corey hasn't built yet, so maybe when they show up, he'll be motivated to get them out of his garage. I'm using the chairs that came with the table. I didn't want to buy 8 chairs and spend a small fortune, so I am using the chairs that came with the old table. The entire 5 piece set was $250, so you know the chairs aren't fancy. They'll held up well, though so I looked for their match. They ended up being $95 for a set of 4. Holy bargain right? I hope they'll last like the ones I've got. I'll pull out the sprayer again to give all 8 chairs a coat or two of salisbury green. Hopefully I'll like them and I'll be done and my entire family can enjoy a meal together without anyone fighting over sitting or not sitting on the bench. Here's a picture of the bench's new home. Its become the new time out bench. Now they'll really hate sitting on it.
8 comments:
love the watermelon color. How ever does Corey find the time to do the building of the furniture? When are you guys going to Utah next?
thanks for the picture of the bench...so I am thinking of one for our table (we have the only four chairs problem too) BUT if there is discord about the bench I might rethink my strategy...what is the fight over the bench? and I stil REALLY LOVE the bedspread...so what are you guys doing this summer (besides the kitchen stuff :) )
You are so talented! I really wish I could just borrow your talent and energy for a week so I could get my house cute before these babies are born. How do you do your distressing? I have two thing that need to be painted and distressed, but I'm not sure on the distressing part.
Those beds look so cute! I need you to come help me decorate my house.
I wish I had even a fraction of your talent and motivation! These are gorgeous--as usual!
Oh, I can barely look at your pictures because I know it's wrong to covet. You have always had such an eye for color!
So if you found a similar quilt and pillow for the other bed you could swap the pillows from each set to make it look like you meant to do it...
but you probably already knew that...
scratch that -- I bow to your decorator fabulousness
come help me
i LOOOOOVE the beds!!! but is there anything you've made that i haven't loved? i think i just want to be you when i grow up.
Post a Comment