21 June 2010

What Have I Done?

Here's why I haven't posted in a while . . .

Look what I've done to my chair!  I hate self-inflicted drama.  It all started when I decided we needed a bigger table and more chairs to go around it.  I found the chairs to match the ones we have, but had to paint them.  I thought while I'm painting, let's do a fun color.

Love the robin egg blue so much.  BUT when I was doing a little distressing, the paint started peeling off of the older chairs.  That's when I realized that I had painted them with oil based paint before and just had applied a fresh coat of latex paint.  A HUGE no-no!  If only I had remembered.  I could have bought primer that would have helped the latex paint to stick.  UGH!  So they've been sitting in my garage for weeks while I wallow in my pity party.  I'll just have to sand them real well and try again.  There's still no new table, so no need to hurry.  We're trying to find reclaimed wood.  Until then, we have 4 chairs for the 7 people in the family.  I refuse to bring the bench back down.  I'd rather eat standing up than hear the kids fight about the bench.

We actually just scoot the table over by the window and use the "window seat".  Its really just an awkward ledge under the windows that would never work for permanent seating because the table would have to be squished right up against the desk.  You wouldn't be able to open the drawers, plus the light fixture would have to be moved AGAIN, and that's not happening.  We still haven't patched to holes from the last time we moved it.  AH, life!

I think its just time for summer vacation.  We're heading to Utah in a week or so if anyone wants to meet up with us.  We'll be there for 3 weeks.

8 comments:

The Yosts said...

I love the paint color- so pretty.

Casey said...

I'm almost relieved that some of your projects go haywire...it makes you more real to us mere mortals! And yes, I want to visit you in Utah!!!

Jackie said...

I would love to see you! The baby is due this Friday, but I will drive wherever to see you! Text or call me when you have time! 801-616-9982

Jamie said...

Love the color you chose, so sorry it didn't work out as expected! What a sanding nightmare!

Yes, would love to see you while you're here. 801-446-8357- let's get the Provo group together.

I am laughing at your blog background, last night I saw it and decided next time I change, that's what I'm using, love those bathing suits. Why is it that I am always one (or more) steps behind you?

If you're driving to Utah, be safe!

Kim said...

Sorry about the chairs. They will look good eventually. The color is nice though. Jennie said she'd going to be here too, so we should totally get together. Call me - 801-854-7169

Amy said...

So you motivated me to whip out my chair project though mine was significantly less exciting. sorry about the pain! :) So I want to see you but I am guessing you are in northern Ut...so for how long and where...email me. thanks! Amy

Losing Weight With CHOCOLATE said...

When you get back I will help you sand. Your table will be so great when they are done. Have fun in Utah. Can't wait until you get back!!!!

Emily Leininger said...

They look great. What a pain!!