02 August 2010

Utah Trip (part 1)

I forgot to take my camera accessories with me on vacation, so I couldn't download any pictures while I was there.  So I'll post a series of posts to show the highlights.  We had a blast and I was so depressed to come back to normal life.  Here's a list of the things I love about visiting my family:

1. Grown ups to talk to during the day
2. Extra hands during bath time
3. No bed times for anyone
4. No guilt about late nights and letting the kids do whatever they wanted, "they're on vacation after all"
5. Happy children enjoying their freedom
6. Nana's yummy food
7. Less laundry - you only take so much
8. Not worrying about needing to organize, clean and wanting to redecorate every inch of my house
9. Having no where to be
10. No humidity = better hair
11. Seeing dear friends
12. Not being in charge of everything and everyone

It was heavenly.  Add getting to spend time with Corey's family too and it was one great trip. 

Temple Square with the Neddos
Timpanogos Cave
The state of everyone's shoes the entire trip.
I miss the mountains!
We tried to kill us all by hiking to Timp caves 1.5 miles up the mountain climbing from 1000 feet to 7000 feet.  I remembered why I had such bad childhood memories of hiking up.  Now my children have their own horrible memories.  They did a great job all the same and it was good for them to do something hard.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I am so sad we couldn't get together while you were here! I miss you so much. Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures and I totally agree about Timpanogas! It might as well be 50 miles.

Brooke said...

We just got back from Utah also! Too bad we didn't run into you. We loved it. We miss the mountains too!!

Jennie Blaser said...

I'm excited to see more of your pictures. That timp hike is a beast! It was SO good to see you. I went to lunch today with Elise (Bogle) Hird. She was in town from Cali. It was so fun to catch up with her and reminisce about mission stories. Did you know DAVOR Majc is the new branch President? Yes, DAVOR, not Ivan! Crazy!