23 August 2010

Mason's 7th & Sadie's 2nd

I know, two posts within minutes of each other, but I have to catch up.  We celebrated Mason's and Sadie's birthdays this weekend.  They are a day apart, and Mason continues to believe that Sadie was his best birthday present ever.

Mason wanted a Harry Potter party with owl cupcakes, but the store was out of Harry Potter party stuff, and I really didn't want to attempt owl cupcakes.  So he picked Ben 10 instead and I made alien cupcakes.

treat bags

Now prepare yourself for some good old fashioned injustice.  Sadie's birthday looked like this.

We painted the kitchen on her birthday.  So sad.  She'll be in therapy for this someday.  We did take her out to lunch and she was napping during most of the painting.  She got an adorable new dress from Janie and Jack, but there was no cake!  Last year she had a slice of a store-bought, frozen raspberry pie for her first birthday.  Hmmm, I see a horrible pattern here.  She might start resenting the fact that she was born the day after Mason.  I better step it up next year.  Here's a picture of her in her new dress.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday cute Neddo kids!

Casey said...

Totally recognize those cute alien cuppys! They turned out so cute...and LOVE the dress too! As for the therapy, you better start a fund now...she's going to need it!

The Yosts said...

cute cupcakes and cute dress. poor Sadie no b-day celebration:)

Tammy @ she wears flowers said...

Sadie is ADORABLE! And, you did a great job--she won't even remember anything by the time she is 3 or 4 and you give her an awesome party!

Way to go on Mason's party!!

Tammy @ she wears flowers said...

Sadie is ADORABLE! And, you did a great job--she won't even remember anything by the time she is 3 or 4 and you give her an awesome party!

Way to go on Mason's party!!

Sharon said...

Love the cupcakes LOVE the treat bags LOVE LOVE LOVE the frozen pie for bday. I think Janie and Jack dress covers it. You are awesome. And I want to come see the new kitchen color (haven't painted my room the old kitchen color yet and maybe I'll change my mind?) Just wanna be more like you...