03 January 2011

Christmas is over, the goose is getting fat!

I know its supposed to be "Christmas is coming", but I am the goose and Christmas is over.  I actually only gained a couple of pounds, but it sure feels like a lot.  I'm longing for my losing streak.  So, back to the gym and back to "avoiding" sugar. . . just as soon as those brownies with chocolate chip cookie dough baked in are gone. 
Keller's favorite gift!
Its really Addison's, but who could resist this photo opportunity?  He crashed after a strenuous day of getting up way too early and playing with his new iPod Touch.  Poor thing.


The girls putting together a fun paper tree from Aunt Mitra.
This Christmas was really great. Corey was home for a week and a half. We finally tiled the kids' bathroom floors. We went roller skating as a family. Everyone got what they wanted (for the most part). We saw several movies.  Corey and I went on a couple of dates.  We kept getting fun packages from our great families.  I wasn't in charge of every meal and every activity.  I even got a girls' night out.  Now, back to reality.


Reality right now is a little mysterious though.  We are moving to Ohio.  That's the only certain thing.  Now we have to figure out timing and housing and all that fun stuff.  It kind of makes me want to crawl into a hole thinking about it.  Instead of digging a hole to crawl into, I try to think of some of the words to one of my favorite songs.  "Be Still, My Soul".  
 Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In every change He faithful will remain.

Be still, my soul:  Thy God doth undertake
To guide the future as He has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.

Everything always works out for the best, even if its painful or difficult or we just plain don't want to do it.  I feel like we're being guided to Wooster, Ohio.  He's never steered us wrong so far, so I'll just go with it.  Its a really small town (there's no Target, people!).  However, I'm excited for the change and to see what God has in store for us for better or for worse.   








4 comments:

Jennie Blaser said...

Wow! Moving again! I'm sorry. I love that hymn. I can't ever sing it without remembering that time (were you there?) in Slovenia when the men's choir from Finland was there in Ljubljana and they sang that song acapella in the big church in the downtown trg. It is the national anthem of Finland. I still have the cd I bought. I love the hymn and words. Very appropriate for you. Keep us updated. Hey, think of it this way -- a whole new house for you to decorate, paint, etc! You do such a good job!

Amy said...

YEA for you (followed by ohhhhh man for you!) I am excited for your new adventure. I am sorry you have to move (at least the packing unpacking stress stuff) but I am really excited to see what you do with your next "blank slate." Good luck and keep us updated! How are the kiddos handling the news?

Tammy @ she wears flowers said...

I, for one, and SO EXCITED that you will be closer!

Jackie said...

Wow!! Moving! I know that the Lord will help you. You have a wonderful family and lots of faith. You'll need it for no Target! :)

Back to the midwest. You're destined to stay there.