Thinking he was trying to start a philisophical discussion, I told him that education is more important than wasting, but that when people are educated, they learn how bad it is to waste. He gave me that familiar puzzled look that tells me that he didn't really listen to my answer. He wasn't thinking hypothetically, he had a real problem on his hands. Apparently he had poured too much milk and was deciding whether to miss school and try to finish it or just waste the milk. That mind never ceases to amuse me.
Mason also told me yesterday that during school he decided to be a regular person with "still a little bit of silly". When I asked him what he meant he said, "You know I'm not telling lies anymore, and I'm going to do the right thing, but still be funny sometimes." Ah, the age of accountability at work. He'll be 8 in August.

No comments:
Post a Comment