We have been in Ohio for over a month now. We have been in our house for about 3 weeks. We had a lot of drama getting to this point. It almost became comical how many things went wrong along the way. Here are a few:
1. Corey's company deposited our equity from the sale of our Texas house into someone else's checking account.
2. Our mortgage company still had our loan in underwriting several days after we were supposed to close.
3. Underwriting wanted repairs to be made to the home before they would fund the loan which is highly unusual.
4. There was a tornado in Chicago that shut down power to the relocation company that was handling the sale of the home. They could not receive our documents for several days.
5. After finally getting a firm closing date we learned that our movers were booked and could not deliver our stuff for a week. The only open date was a Saturday which would incur $2500 of overtime which was against company policy according to our move packet.
6. After some scrambling and some mercy on the part of Genie (they do grant wishes) we scheduled delivery of our stuff the day after closing which was also a Saturday. Otherwise we would have had to wait 2 weeks before we could get a weekday delivery.
You do begin to wonder if somebody is trying to tell you something with all the mayhem. We just figured that until a door completely closed, we would just keep pushing through.
A week after moving in, my parents, sister, brother, sister-in-law and four cousins came for a visit. It kind of felt like we were all guests in a vacation home. We had a great time together celebrating the Fourth, exploring Ohio and going to Niagara Falls. I'll post those pictures when I figure out how to download them from my phone since I forgot the regular camera that day.
Did I mention that we are close to a lot of fun things to see. We are an hour from Kirtland if anyone is doing the Church history stuff. We'd love to have visitors.
Before everyone came, I bought 11 gallons of paint for the house. It needs A LOT of paint. I will post some "befores" and some . . . I've decided to call them "in betweens" instead of "afters" because most of the projects will be done in phases. For now, I'm focusing on just making things less ugly.
7 comments:
YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! I've been checking and checking to hear how you are doing. As usual, your blog makes me tired just reading about all you are doing.
BTW I think TeamCliff has found our Church History Tour hotel of choice. Someday. : )
...Sadie looks like she misses me.
I miss you Melissa! I just need to call you one day and boy, I can't believe all that happened just to get there!
So happy to learn you survived all the craziness of your move. I cannot wait to see how your house is coming along.
Hey, how did that happen? Must be on Caitlin's user, rather than mine!
Jamie
Phew! I've been waiting to hear how things are going! I can't wait to see your work. You really are amazing!
Wow Melissa! I am glad you still seem to have your sence of Humor.
I miss you!! Can't wait to chat. We are going to Schlitterbahn for a few days. I will call you when I get back.
Okay, all that drama! So glad it seemed to have worked out! We'd love to come visit some time. That's an area of the country I've never been to!
Post a Comment