Here's a shot through to the kitchen. We got the new light fixture put up over the table. It's a billiard/island fixture, but since our table is so big, it works great.
I love the printed pillows out there right now, but am so sick of the french thing. I was thrilled to find a pillow with English on it that had nothing to do with wine. Sweet! I'm still hunting for more pillows. I just can't commit to a pattern. I bought the fabric below and just don't know if I want to make pillows out of it. Opinions?
.
A close up of the light over the table. Just when I thought I'd cleaned up to make everyone think that my surfaces are always cleaned off, there sits the stupid remote. Keeping it real.
I found these two things at a thrift store and bought them for nightstands in our bedroom. When I pushed them together in the garage as I got them out of the car, I realized that they would be great behind the couch. I will paint them soon. The nightstand search continues. Nice cell phone!
In an effort to really keep it real, here's what's been lurking just behind all the beautiful shots of the new kitchen. Since I love unfinished projects so much, I made a sort of shrine to them in the hole between the cabinets. We found the cabinet maker of all the existing cabinets and luckily they still make the same style that we have. We have 3 drawers ordered for this space, but for now I just store pretty things in there. Ha, ha! When they arrive, we'll finish up the kickplates at the bottom, paint the molding around the peninsula and attempt to refinish the floors. Then, the kitchen will be officially done.
3 comments:
Love the things you do! Love that you keep in real. ;-)
You are so awesome. And inspiring. Now I wonder if there are any good garage sale finds around here this spring? I need a nice bedside table, preferably glass. And something for the flat tv in my room, because right now it lives on a bookshelf turned sideways.
I LOVE that fabric. If you don't want to use it for pillows, how about whipping up a quick thin quilt with it (not pieced, just that fabric, minimally machine quilted -- you sew, right?) that you could use like a throw? Just a thought.
Beautiful job! I love seeing how you decorate your home. We are redoing Laurel's room today and installing some thicker plank/bead board to contrast with the fun spring green color on the walls (not too bright, I promise!). Dale and I were just saying how we felt like the Neddo's today! Well, we'll never be as talented or cool as you guys, but we are certainly trying :-)
Post a Comment