22 March 2012

Inspired by Scrabble

I've never actually played Scrabble, but it brings back fond memories of some friends I had in college.   I was inspired recently by some images on Houzz.com  . . .


and

and this

I had four frames that I bought pre-Sadie which contained pictures of all the kids.  I didn't have a 5th frame nor could I find another, so I decided I better not have pictures of kids in them.  I could picture Sadie lying on a therapist's couch talking about her missing frame.  So this is what I did with those 4 frames.



I came up with the cleanest four letter word in my vocabulary.  They hang in the hallway leading to the garage, so it's the first thing you see when you walk in the back door. 

I went to this website.  http://www.fontspace.com/category/scrabble and downloaded their free "Tilez" font and just printed the letters on my home printer.  It couldn't have been easier.  Now, if I could just get the men in my life to stop asking what it means.  Corey walked in the door the first day they were up and said, "I don't get it".  What are the numbers?  My father-in-law said the same thing when he saw them.  I tried to explain, but they just don't get it.  Do they ever?  All that matters is that I like it and it was pretty much free.

No comments: