16 April 2012

Paint Shrine Gone

My shrine to all things paint and undone projects is gone. 

Before . . .


Before, before (real estate shots) . . .

After . . .


The other side of the peninsula. 

And a close up of the former hole.  The drawers came from the original cabinet maker whose gold label we found while painting the cupboards.  They are a perfect match, but a little fancier.  They have soft close harder, so they are the nicest drawers in the kitchen.  No slamming.  I'll have to put all the kids stuff in them.


Next, replace all of the kick plates at the base of the cabinets and refinish the floors and the kitchen might be considered finished. 

2 comments:

The Yosts said...

I just love the colors you've used. THat shot of the kitchen overlooking the dining and family rooms, looks so calm and peaceful.

Laura said...

Oh my gosh! Can you come to my new house? I'm dreaming of painting the brown walls that are everywhere (it's brown enough here in NM!), but for now I have to get us unpacked. It's feeling like a very slow process. Your transformation is amazing!