11 July 2012

Six Word Love Stories


We celebrated our 15th anniversary last week.  Well . . . we didn't actually celebrate.  He was at Scout camp with Keller, and I went to visit my brother in Pennsylvania since he would be gone anyway.  We'll make up for it soon.  Maybe a trip to New York City, but I found a fun way to make the day special. 

One of my favorite blogs is The Lettered Cottage.  Recently there was a post about Six Word Love Stories.  http://theletteredcottage.net/six-word-love-stories/  There's the link to her post.  I thought it was a great idea, so I started writing our own six word love stories.  Here are a few that won't make anyone blush (I didn't come up with any that would make anyone blush - gross);

Fifteen years.  Five kids.  Four-ever.

First kiss.  Heart skipped.  Still smitten.

My favorite needs a little explanation.  We went out on our first date on March 1st.  We got engaged May 1st, and got married on July 5th.  Yes, all in the same year.

Short beginning.  Happy middle.  No end.

He wrote some too, and we texted them back and forth over the the 2 days before our anniversary and the day of.  It was a little flirty and romantic.  I'd share his, but they all require too much explanation.  He sent flowers that arrived just as I got home from Pennsylvania. 

I can't believe it's been 15 years.  I won't get too mushy, but I have to say that life with this man is truly a joy. 



2 comments:

The Yosts said...

cute! happy 15th!

Megan said...

That is so cute!!! You guys are awesome! Happy Anniversary!