A friend wanted this recipe, so I thought I'd share it here. My dad's mom was an amazing cook. She worked for years in her family's cafe and then for more years at BYU in the family science cafeteria. She always made the yummiest stuff. She was also often caught using her hands and when asked if they were clean she replied, "yes, I just licked them". She had a great sense of humor too. I miss her. One of my favorite things that she made was caramel corn. It's the perfect kind. Not too sticky. Just the way I like it.
1 C brown sugar
1 stick of butter
1/4 C karo syrup
1/2 t salt
Mix the above and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add 1/2 t vanilla and 1/2 t baking soda. Let that stand for 5 minutes. Pour over 6-7 cups of popcorn (I use about 3 microwave bags full-I don't bother with popping it fresh and don't care if it's movie theater butter kind either). Spread the coated popcorn out on a baking sheet or jelly roll pan. Bake at 200 for an hour stirring once halfway through.
This is not a picture of my caramel corn. I found it on the Internet, but this is basically what it looks like. If I baked some now, I'd eat the entire batch myself. So, for the greater good, I stole a picture from someone else's blog. Pictures are much more inspiring than recipes alone.
Enjoy!

2 comments:
Thanks Melissa! I just pinned you :) Can't wait to try it.
This looks way good and just for the record I was wishing you were here to do some projects with me/for me... I hope you are surviving bishophood and that you still find time for projects! So just incase you have a suggestion-Jocelyn and Creed are sharing a room right now-how do I combine boy and girl in one space? (J has been a lady bug girl with her decor and C has trucks and cars on his bedding stuff...both red and blue)
Post a Comment