30 October 2008

HAPPY HALLOWEEN




The grown ups had a Halloween party last Friday and here we are. We thought, "what is the scariest thing we could imagine?," so we decided to go as a couple (like the Duggers) with 17 kids. I just needed a jumper, a pillow under my dress, a big cheesy bow, and the signature hair. You can't see it, but Sadie has a shirt that says, "Mom, my name is Sadie #16". So Corey decided to make a shirt (15 minutes before the party) that had a scripture on it with all of our S-named kids on the back (we got names from the Bible, Satan even made the list when we ran out of S names). He completed the look with chocolate handprints from the kids. We had a great time! Its so hard to come up with costumes. Last year we were sick and tired. I dressed up sick and Corey dressed up tired, but we kept having to explain it. This year's attire went over well without any explanation.

So the big night is tomorrow. I'll post pictures of the kids after its over. I'm worried about all of the candy that will be coming our way. The kids chocolate is not safe in the pantry with me around.

3 comments:

Megan said...

You guys crack me up! What hilarious costumes! Can't wait to see the Halloween pics!

Casey said...

SO fun! I love your costume idea! We always went to a couples party in CA, so we dressed up every year as SOMETHING...but now, we're just old and BORING! Man that baby is CUTE! You guys should come out for a visit this summer!!!

Jackie said...

We sat by a family at Stake Conference who lived that Halloween costume. I sat by Samuel, one of 12 kids. I asked him if he would ever get his own room. He sadly said "Not for a long long time." I wanted to ask him why is Mom persisted in sporting the FLDS hair style, but held my tongue.

I am sure they had a Satan in the bunch as well.