21 October 2008

Knock on wood!

Sadie has had 5 to 6 hour stretches of sleep for the past 4 nights! Thus the title of this post. I think its magic pjs. You'd think that by the 5th kid I'd figure this whole thing out. What I've figured out is that my kids just don't come naturally wanting to sleep for longer than a couple of hours at a time. I can't do much for more than a couple of hours at a time either, so maybe . . . Oh well. I'll take the sleep when I can get it.

So, I've been reading a lot lately. I'm in a book club which is fun, but I read a book which wasn't on our list between two that are. Does that make sense? I read the second book in a series that we won't be discussing at a book club! I am loving it. The series is The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency. Everyone should check them out if you haven't read them. They're fun, clean and quick to read. I feel smarter, which is always a good thing for a mom. So turn off the TV and read if you aren't already doing so.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I am crazy about reading!!! I read the first book in that series, but haven't moved on to the next yet. I'm really weird because I don't like to read a series all together because I need variety - so maybe next month...
Congrats on getting more sleep!

Emily Leininger said...

I too love No 1 ladies detective agency. I also need to borrow some of Sadie's magic pj's. Zzzzzz... so tired.