18 January 2009

A decade of children!



It became official on January 12th this year. I've had kids for a decade. Has it only been 10 years? Keller turned 10 this year. We celebrated by taking Sonic (yuck) to him at school for lunch. Daddy came too. Then when he came home from school we all got to go to the doctor's to get Sadie tested for Pertussis! That was probably the highlight for him. (She's negative by the way.) Then for dinner he chose Jason's Deli (because of the soft serve). We came home for chocolate cake and more ice cream. That was it. Oh he did gets some presents too. He wants to take some friends to the movie theater where you can order dinner during the movie, but there isn't a cool enough movie out right now, so we're waiting for Pink Panther 2. Maybe he'll forget by then and I won't have to do a party! I doubt it. That boy doesn't forget anything as long as it doesn't involve chores or homework.

To end his birthday week we had the annual Pinewood Derby. He took third overall! He and Corey (especially Corey) were very proud! So it was a great week I guess. I've really lost my enthusiasm for birthdays, but it makes life easier and I don't want to set my kids up for disappointment later in life. I think it was Dave Barry who said, "There's a certain age in life when people stop making a big deal about your birthday and that's age 11." Keller, you have one more year.

7 comments:

Megan said...

I have to wait until they're 11?!!! Happy b-day Keller! 10 years old and winning 3rd place! What more could you want? Sounds like another fun week at the Neddos. And I'm glad Sadie checked out OK:)

Jennie Blaser said...

I just posted about our 10 year anniversary and then I saw yours about 10 years with kids and I remembered you making the effort to come to our reception with Keller who was just 1 week old and you were in so much pain! THANK YOU! It meant a lot to me! Congrats on some GREAT looking kids.

Casey said...

Glad you made it home OK! I've been waiting for another post...don't you have any exciting roadtrip stories and/or pictures to share? LOL!

Welcome to double digits! It just gets more and more interesting. Parties are hard, especially when the birthdays are stacked up back to back. We're about to enter that "season", and I dread it too!

Jackie said...

I can't believe your kids are that old either. Amazing how time flies. I have come to appreciate when my parents would say "I remember being your age." The past seems so recent still. It is difficult to comprehend. Happy birthday Keller!

V and Co. said...

hey melissa, i don't know if you remember me but i was in the provo townhouses way back when...i saw your blog on sachiko's so i wanted to say hey...i'm off to check out the rest of your blog entries and i'm REALLY hoping you put pictures of your house somwhere! you always had the best style! -vanessa

Laura said...

Can you believe it was that long ago that we had our first little babies? I have a few months till I hit the decade. :)

Sachiko said...

Oh my gosh he is growing up!!
I still remember him holding the light pole in front of our(or your) house and yelling "Mine!"
Happy Birthday Keller!!