10 July 2009

Let the Healing Begin


I'm thrilled to announce that I got my stitches and staples out yesterday! I'm still so numb up there that I didn't even feel a thing. (Not like the pain I experienced while getting my c-section staples out.) I no longer look like Mr. Magoo now that my eyes aren't swollen anymore. They turned a real pretty shade of yellow, but I don't think that its the hot new eye shadow shade for the summer. I think I look like myself again. Too bad. I was hoping for some incredible transformation with my little facelift. I think I look the same, but I definitely don't looked surprised or perplexed, so that's a good outcome. I go back to the surgeon in 2 weeks for some follow up and they may do some laser treatments on the scar, but whatever I'm so glad that it is healing so quickly. Our bodies are truly amazing.

3 comments:

Casey said...

I want to see those yellow eyes! LOL! Glad you're feeling better, and you still look like "you"...although terminally perplexed would be humorous!

Laura said...

What a scary thing to deal with, but it looks like you're healing quickly!

Wendy said...

P.S. Justin got skin cancer on his face (near his sideburn area) when we were first married. The derm. left an answering machine message on a Friday afternoon, calling to talk about his cancer. We had no clue until the message. Of course, we got the message after the office was closed, so Justin spent the weekend researching skin cancer and diagosed himself with melenoma and a death sentence by Sunday night. When we finally talked with the dr. on Monday, he told us it was basal cell and wasn't a big deal. He cut the size of a nickle but never told him to go to a plastic surgeon, so it's an ugly scar--glad your dr. knows better!