18 July 2009

Take Me Out to the Ballgame



Riley even had patriotic toes left over from the Fourth of July.


I feel like we never do anything cool. I hate to fight crowds and hate to be hot and sweaty. Despite all of this hate, we took the kids (minus Keller - birthday party) and went to a baseball game. We had a great time fighting the crowds and being hot and sweaty together. The kids made it through the entire game and the post game fireworks. It felt like what summer is supposed to feel like. We were just missing the lemonade and apple pie. There was no apple pie to be had and we were at the Dr. Pepper stadium, so of course our choices were Dr. Pepper, diet Dr. Pepper, some extra sugar form of Dr. Pepper and RC cola (who drinks that?). It was great family fun. I hope everyone is having a great summer too.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Totally diggin' the patriotic toes! We have Tiger's tickets in the middle of August - our hot hot hot time! What were we thinking? I am jealous that you were in Dr. Pepper heaven! Bottoms up for me!

Amy said...

We loved the toe nails! So I am impressed with you taking the kids out to play....we played with my sisters 4 kids for the last couple of weeks and it was fun but so so so much work to get them all ready to go or do stuff! You are a good mom to go and do anyway! How's the head?

Sachiko said...

I love the patriotic toes!