27 September 2011

Entering in the Gate

Mason entered the gate to the path back to our heavenly home on his 8th birthday in August.  It was a great day.  Grandma and Grandpa flew all the way out from Washington to be with Mason.  He was very excited to be baptized the same way that Jesus was.  He especially loved diving down to the pull the plug after the baptism was finished.  He is really trying hard to make sure that he stays as clean as he was the moment he came up out of the water.  It's really sweet to watch him.  I can hardly believe that he's 8.  I actually did the math one night back in July to make sure that he really was going to be turning 8.  After the baptism, Mason received the best gift that he'll ever get.  The gift of the Holy Ghost.  He keeps telling me that he can feel the Spirit with him.

After all this he chose to go to Mrs. Yoder's kitchen for an Amish buffet and to show Grandma and Grandpa where Daddy works.  It was really a great way to spend a birthday.  Good job Mason! 



Keller forcing everyone to watch his home movies on his IPod.


4 comments:

Megan said...

Yay Mason! He looks so grown-up in those pics (and still completely adorable!) Such a good boy!

Jackie said...

Man! I can't believe he is 8. Way to go Mason!

Jamie said...

Why does he have to be so darling AND good? I was kind of hoping he'd have a naughty streak so you might ship him to Utah to live with our family. Congratulations Mason. You have been given a wonderful gift.

buckeyebaby said...

I love baptism pictures!