I was more excited this year than ever for the kids to start school. Not because I don't love my kids, but this has been the craziest summer ever. We slept in, hardly ever made our beds (not even me - my excuse is that we got a King sized mattress and have no bedding yet), and just explored our new area. We had a great time, but I was feeling a little lazy, gained several pounds and the kids didn't have any friends. So, now I can get to the gym, the kids can make friends, and as soon as I choose some bedding, I'll make that bed. The kids have been making their beds, because the room fairy could come and leave a treat on their bed at any given moment. She only leaves something if its made and the room is clean. Here they are on their first day.
 |
| Keller off to 7th grade. |
 |
| Mason entering 3rd after much thought and prayer on my part. |
 |
| Riley's last year of Elementary school. |
 |
| Addison started kindergarten - looking a little tired. |
 |
| The whole gang. |
They all made it. I got to go with Addison for an abbreviated day. It was fun to take her to lunch and recess and do a craft, so she wouldn't be as nervous for her first real day. What a great idea. Its going to be a good year.
5 comments:
awesome! everyone looks like they've survived the craziness! Let's do our email thing again...pretty sure I've gained it ALL back!
Cute kiddos...I am glad you all enjoyed the first day. I'm curious...I read your other comment...what is the email thing?
I forgot about the room fairy- I think that's something I need to do at our home
We just started a flushing fairy...If I don't have to flush the toilet for anyone but myself they get m&ms delivered....and schedules=goo life! :) Now if I was just more motivated......Glad to see all the kids-they are looking so much older lately!
Sounds so great! I remember back-to-school in September. Cool weather, leaves crisping. Of course, my Texas girls don't have the same associations. Sigh.
BTW is that a cool intercom doorbell by your back door?
Post a Comment