12 October 2011

Another "In Between"

Here is what our master bathroom looked like when we moved in.



Here was the fatal flaw.  They took this not-so-attractive tile and picked the ugliest color out of it to put on the walls.



I found evidence of wall paper that matched the tile under the vanity.  Can you imagine the walls of this bathroom covered in wallpaper that matched the tiles?  I'll take the peach any day over that combo.  However, I had to do a quick fix. 



I picked gray to tone all the peachy stuff down, and it worked wonders.  I still don't love the tile, but you hardly notice it anymore.  Thank goodness for paint.  I've gone through 9 gallons of paint so far.  I've painted so many walls in my life, but the difference it makes never ceases to amaze me.  It's part color change and part clean factor.  It just makes me feel calm and makes it feel like my house when I paint the walls.  That's why I keep doing it, I guess.  I'm working on the entry and living room right now.  My new entry light arrived yesterday!  I'll post pictures when it's installed.


3 comments:

buckeyebaby said...

Wow! Super impressive! I'm a little envious of the color that I so lack in my house! Nice job! Beth

Johns Family said...

Looks good...I like the new blog background :)

Wendy said...

You have such a good eye for color and design. Come make over my house next!