23 March 2009

Fort Worth Zoo & Dinosaur Valley State Park

I already mentioned that we went to the Fort Worth Zoo over spring break along with everyone else. I also mentioned that it was so busy that it made the news that night. Well I didn't mention that the day's attendance broke their record attendance by 6,000 people! There were 23,000 people at the zoo that day. My friend said, "can you believe it?" YES I CAN! I think I bumped into every last one of them. The kids did have fun and we'll return another day after a short recovery period.

For the last day of Spring Break, dad was home, so we took a little road trip. We headed southwest and went to Dinosaur Valley State Park. It was actually pretty cool. They have tons of actual dinosaur tracks in the limestone river beds. We got to splash around in the water, hike a little, and it was cheap!

Today they are back in school and I'm happy for all of us. I love having them home, but its tough to keep them entertained. My favorite thing to say (thanks to my brother-in-law Justin) when they say they are bored is, "only boring people get bored". They usually go off and find something to do. It going to be a long summer.

Brontosaurus type tracks


Riley and Addy in the water



T-rex type tracks (above and below)




Mason studying the zoo map - its serious business

4 comments:

Wendy said...

"Only boring people get bored." I love that! Melissa--I'm learning all sorts of parenting wisdom from you. And I thought I already knew it all.

Our spring break is in two weeks. Wish me luck. I usually find something fun in the morning that we go to, but the hardest part if keeping them entertained throughout the afternoon, and keeping them quiet at the same time so the baby can nap. Any ideas, Super Nanny?

Casey said...

What a cool place! Glad the rug rats are back in school...we have our spring break in a couple of weeks. I better start planning some activities!

JoEllen said...

Are you sure you were at the zoo? I see no pix of living animals. I guess you had more fun at Dinosaur Valley. We'll have to hit the zoo when it's not so popular.

Sachiko said...

Looks like that is such a cool place! My boys would love it. Also, I love that saying
"Only boring people get bored." I am definately going to use that, during the up coming spring break.