27 March 2009

JACKPOT!

A friend invited me to an outlet sale for a catalog store called Wisteria on Wednesday. So we loaded the non-school aged kids in the various minivans and headed out. I had just ordered a bathing suit (GAG!), so I said I can't spend any money. I'll just look. If I see any mercury glass I'll get some but that's it. Well the minute we walked in I saw the row of mercury glass set up just for me. I grabbed two big urns that were marked $20 a piece which is 80% off the catalog price. I thought, "this is enough and how lucky am I for finding what I was looking for?". So we kept going down aisles and kept finding little treasures. I found glass beaded bell ornaments for $1 for 6 (I bought 4 sets), pear candles for $2 for 3 (I bought 2 sets), a little gray bird candle (what is it with me and birds lately?), a new pool bag for $9, planter pots for 25 cents a piece and 2 mercury glass acorns for $9. I refrained from so many other things. So I headed to check out thinking why am I spending $75 today, I shouldn't be doing this, ya know the drill. Well the lady calculated all of my items, wrote down $73.50 plus $6.60 tax and then wrote $19.56 and circled it and sent me to the pay line. I was kind of mad thinking what is this $19.56. Is it some fee for the privilege of shopping that day. Just as I was getting ready to put up a fight, the cashier handed me a receipt for $19.56 to sign. I got all that stuff for under $20, the price of one urn. It of course sent me into a tail spin trying to decide if I should go back and get more, what else should I have gotten. We had to leave to meet someone for lunch, so I didn't have time to really work it out, so I didn't get more. My friend got the same deal with a different cashier, so I knew it wasn't a mistake. So after sleeping on it over night, I decided I'd better go do some Christmas shopping. We went back the next day and asked about the extra discount and nobody knew what we were talking about. Prices are as marked they kept telling me, so I didn't buy much more. I got a few more bell ornaments in red and bought two mercury glass birds for my mom and sister who are visiting in the end of April

So should I feel like I got away with something? I saw her do the calculations, so I have no idea what the deal was. I'm not really posing a moral dilemna here. I'm just bragging about my shopping jackpot. Maybe it was an early bird special. So here are some pictures of the things I got.







5 comments:

Wendy said...

That stuff is all so cute. I can't wait to see it in your house!! you have such a great eye, I need you to come shopping with me!!

Tricia said...

I'm sooooooo jealous!!! I still get the catalogue, but won't dare ever buy anything at their real prices. I miss that place so much and LOVE everything I've ever gotten there!

Casey said...

Very cute stuff! I just LOVE to find a bargain! I've never heard of that store... But I think I'd like it!

Jennie Blaser said...

SCORE! I love it when you get great deals! Mine aren't ever that exciting, but I did just get 9 packs of STRIDE gum for FREE. (Thanks coupons!).

Megan said...

Lucky girl! Darling deals you got there. I want to move to TX just for the bargains!