15 February 2009

Inspired by Friends

Lately I've heard a lot of church talks about creativity. That we are here to create things. It doesn't matter what you create or how it looks when you are done. It might be a meal, a good bedtime routine, a smile on someone's face, or a beautifully put together room. For me I have always loved to create. I love color and design. Its in my blood, but I have been off duty for the last several years. I think its because I moved away from one of my favorite neighbors Sachiko Aldous. She is an amazing creator. (Her link is below-Aldous family.) When we lived right next door to each other, she helped me learn how to quilt and make all kinds of wonderful things. I just moved away and had a ton of kids and lost that side of me. With the whole blogging craze I have reconnected with all of my wonderfully, talented friends. All of you are! Checking out everyone's blogs has inspired me out of my non-crafting funk. So I'm back I guess. The most important thing that I need to remember is that when I have created something (just as when God created the world) I need to "see that it is good". Maybe I'll be nice to my kids if I can remember that the process should be fun. Blah, blah, blah right? Anyway, so here are some things I've created lately. I think Riley's room is done. I decided to add the black to the whole color scheme, and it makes it feel a little more grown up. It might grow with her better. The other pictures are of the name sign I made for Sadie and the things right around her crib. For the sign, I bought letters at JoAnn's, decoupaged them with cute scrapbook paper, and had Corey make a "frame" for them. Riley and Addy have one too. They are super easy. And as for the keyholes mentioned in the last post, they are just made of ivory and sit in a shadow box and hang on the wall. Here's a bigger picture. I just like the shapes and that's all. My next goal is to find a quilt store or maybe just finish the two quilts that I've already started.




10 comments:

Jackie said...

I love it all. You are definitely one of the most creative people I know. :)

It is good!

Bojana said...

Frankly, I'm amazed each time I hear moms with a lot of kids make time (and have energy) for creating things:-) Zgleda prav res lepo!

Sachiko said...

Oh.... you almost made me cry... It is so nice of you to think of me that way, not knowing that you did the same to me. I love the rooms you did! It is funny that I picked the same color of paint for Rachel's room as Sadie's room.
I guess great minds think a like!

Casey said...

I love how you decorate! How you have such a gift for color! Love the black too...that was a good addition!

Missed you this weekend! We ate too much sugar!

V and Co. said...

sachiko is the man isn't she? ;) she is so talented! you have always amazed me with what you would try and accomplish so adorably cute! thanks for the pics now i'm off to try something new!

The Yosts said...

You are so creative! I love coming into your home and seeing what you have done. I LOVE the black in Riley's room.

You need to tell me how Cory did the "frame" for the names. I have yet to hang up my names because I just don't want to put 15+ holes in the wall.

Jennie Blaser said...

You've always been creative -- I mean, remember trying to come up with 'creative' ways to not have to track all day long on our mission! :) he he. did I just write that out loud!

Megan said...

I want to live in your house and soak up some of your creativeness!!! Seriously, I never knew that your creative side was ever put aside - you are amazing! Those letters are adorable and I love the black addition to Riley's room! Fabulous!

Losing Weight With CHOCOLATE said...

You are awesome. Thanks for being such a great friend!!! I loved this post...very inspiring...good job. Your creating a recipe book too, don't forget that. :)

Laura said...

I've been a fan of your decorating style since I met you and was living in a little tiny apartment I couldn't do anything with. Love your name signs! I've been busy painting at my house...just posted some pics. I love COLOR, too! Take care!