23 February 2009

The Rug Saga Continues

The bee is still buzzing around in my bonnet! WHY!? So I ordered that diamond pattern rug and kept checking the order status which after a few days said it had been processed and would ship shortly. Well 10 days later I'm wondering where it is. I attempted to do a live chat with customer service which only produced an e-mail with the subject heading while you were off line and stating that a representative would be contacting me. No representative ever contacted me. So I finally called them and they told me that the rug was on back order until mid April. I can't have a bee in my bonnet until mid April while they slow boat my rug from China! They told me that they tried to e-mail about it. You don't try to e-mail someone. You either do or you don't (Yoda is so right). Anyway it took them 7 days to realize that they didn't actually have my rug in their warehouse. AND they have my money already, but will be reimbursing me sometime this week. What is the matter with these people? So I found another website with the same rug who will match the price, but the warehouse was closed for the day, so she would call me back. Yah, right. Well she did! She called me back this morning to tell me that it was on its way from China and would be here mid April!!! She has a 5x7 for a $100 more. It would be way too big for the entry. But this sweet woman named Juanita has actually been helpful! Thank you Juanita. She won't be in tomorrow, but Melba will be there and she'd be happy to help me. SO here's a picture of another design that may or may not be available, but I thought I'd get some feedback from my friends. Should I wait for the diamond pattern or get this cute one that looks like an old penny quilt? I might have to wait for either of them and then I'll have to make a harder decision. I'm all about instant gratification you know. By the way the "penny" one on the lame website is $100 more for the same size, and Juanita/Melba might give me a deal. What do you think? Don't be sad if I don't follow your advice. Corey votes for the "penny" one (its actually called Kaleidescope). I know they're both kind of whimsical for an entry, but I think it says something about me. Hopefully its saying good things about me, but even if you think they're both ugly, tell me which is less ugly to you. I can't wait to see what you think.

P.S. Yesterday the UPS man left me a package. What a wonderful surprise, but what could it be? Well, its the rug pad from the lame rug company for the rug that isn't coming. Thank you so much for that! Why would they send the pad? So now I have to get a 4x6 or pay to return the premium pad.

8 comments:

V and Co. said...

PENNY!

Laurel said...

They are both GREAT! I think the first rug is my favorite, but you can't go wrong with either.

JEN said...

I agree you can't go wrong with either. They both fit your colorful personality. :) I like the penny one a little better. Good luck!

The Yosts said...

I like the penny one- seems a little more whimsical.

Amy said...

I can see you "in" the penny one more than the diamond but I really like both...and I love your entry on creating things...lately I keep getting thwarted by creating but it did motivate me enough to change the background on our blog and pull out the scrapbooking and salvage an old but extremely cool door from my grandmas...so what would you create with an old antique door....?

Jennie Blaser said...

i love it! So fun. Wanna come decorate my house?

Sachiko said...

I love this one!!

Casey said...

I like them both too...but would pick the second! Hopefully you can actually get it in your actual entry before summertime! Yikes! Customer service at its finest!