UNTIL. . .Addison was trying to tell us something and the Elders were having a tough time interpreting her meaning. I apologized and said, "she starts everything with f's. Its especially embarrassing when she asks for a sucker at the doctor's office." They laughed and suddenly Mason, the kindergartner who normally doesn't hear anything that is said, had been using his little brain and his newly acquired phonetic knowledge and blurted out what sucker would be if it started with an F! Holy crud I was so embarrassed and slightly proud of his accomplishment. The missionaries took it in stride, but I'll bet it is worthy of a good journal entry. "One time on my mission we were eating with this "member" family and this kid drops the F-bomb. . ." I could have died right there on the spot.
Mason sure does keep us laughing though. A few moments later Riley told the Elders what she had learned at school that day. (Something about the Alamo of course.) And Mason said, "Hmmm. I wonder what WE learned today." See how he normally isn't paying attention?
A little side note: Here's a picture of Addison with pony bumps. She always wants ponies in her hair, but punishes me when she doesn't get her way by removing them. Why do I bother trying to make my children look clean and taken care of? This is how it ends up.
11 comments:
that was funny. thanks. needed that. Were you still in Slovenia when that new convert was bearing his testimony about the BofM in english (he was from Africa) and Albin Lotric was translating and the guy dropped the f bomb over the pulpit? we gave those elders a hard time!
Absolutely classic!
Once when I was 9 months pregnant with my Riley, my husband took me to Circuit City to pick out new flat screen monitors for his office (they are all computer illiterate). As I am discussing options with the male salesperson, Jackson reaches up, pats both of my ver enlarged, waiting for the baby breasts and says very loudly, "These make milk!"
We both pretended like nothing had happened.
I love to hear other kids that say the funniest things! It means I'm normal!!! Mason cracks me up! My Emily also has the pony bump - one single one on top of her head off to the right side a little. It looks ridiculous especially since her hair is so thin that you cannot redo it unless you have some water handy. Crazy girls!
Melissa! Thank you! That was so funny. It puts my story to shame. Will is big into rhyming words. He replaced Mitchell's "M" with a "B"....thank goodness we don't call him Mitch! Thanks for the awesome story!
ha! once i had nate come down the stairs with a condom he had just opened from the package and wanted jake to blow up the balloon. well at least they knew we weren't trying for any more for good reason. don't you love kids?!
ps sorry for typing condom...uh two times now.
So funny! When Laurel was 2, she loved ducks, but couldn't say the word correctly. D's always came out as F's! So embarrassing. Every time we saw a duck or a picture of a duck - it was the f-bomb!!! Church, store, etc, etc
That's a great story... I bet you were a little red! :D And I love the pony bumps! You really have cute children!
Gavin likes to throw out the d word lately...wish I could say he was "trying" for another word...but he really means "damn" when he says it!
Hahahahahaha, thank you for the good laugh!! Yea, they sure embarrass us but you gotta love them!
I love the kids saying. It's so fun to hear. Today in church my friend's little girl bore her testimony and said, "I know President Monster is ... " It was funny. Thanks for the laughs.
I love the F story! I laughed out loud. And good idea on getting the elders to come over on a Monday to do the FHE lesson--I'll have to remember that!
Post a Comment